We’ve got a MAMMOTH sized post for you today!
First up an tutorial by Katharyn Brine on creating your custom made forum signature!!
1. Pick out an alpha set and some elements you’d like to use in your signature and open them in Photoshop. I’m using Photoshop Elements 6.0 but the basic directions should work with most photo-altering software.
2. Create a new 12 x 12 inch canvas, with RGB colour and a transparent background.
3. Drag your lettering onto your canvas and arrange how you’d like it.
4. Add your elements. I used stamps from Kaisercraft’s Bloom digi kit and some stitching to “attach” them to the background.
5. Add text with a text box, ensuring you use larger lettering because it needs to still be legible when you resize the image later. Here I added in the rest of my screen name, and the design teams I’m creating for.
6.Add shadows to various elements to make it appear more realistic. Hide some behind your lettering.
7. Crop your work down to size, leaving a small bleed around the outside edges.
Resize it to about 300 pixels wide (make sure to check the “constrain proportions” box). Standard blinkie size is 150pix x 50pix, so you may need to resize your siggie again to fit the particular forum’s guidelines.
8. Upload it to a photo-sharing website, such as photobucket or picasa.
9. Right-click on the image, copy the IMG code. Go to the forum you want to use your new siggie in, paste in the IMG Code you copied at Picasa / Photobucket. Save.
Next up is a gorgeous quick page from Carole!
Just click on the image to download it!
“All that is needed for this quick page is a photo, print the layout, print the textured flowers, cut, and attach to the layout using brads etc. If you want to add more texture you can crumple them inyour hands for more texture. There you go, instant hybrid layout. :)”
You can download the flowers (jpg.) – ready to print. (click on image below), or download the png file here to make yours a digital layout!
Make sure you check back tomorrow for some more Saturday sketch fun!!